|Benefits:||Full Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, 401k, Paid Vacation|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||Responsible for the entire pulverizing process from start to finish - from picking up product at the rail through emptying of the bin and releasing powder to the appropriate resin silo. Includes transporting of beads via commercial vehicle, pulverizing beads to resin powder, distribution of powder, and labeling of product. Monitors/tracks entire process (including inventory) for accuracy and completion, escalating any concerns as they arise. |
|Duties:||ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.|
1. Receives plastic pellets as needed from the railroad using the tanker truck.
2. Uses the pulverizing system to grind pellets in to a resin.
3. Place the resin in proper locations (resin silos).
4. Maintains pulverizing equipment with assistance of maintenance crew.
5. Empties vent bags and Containment Containers at the start of each shift and when switching bins.
6. Immediately cleans any powder/resin spilled outside or on the floor as well as any pellets spilled by the railroad or at the plant.
7. Keeps cement beneath bins clean by sweeping area and disposing of garbage.
8. Maintain the outside cyclone by making sure it is empty at the beginning of each shift.
9. During each shift, checks the rate of pulverizing at least twice. (Rate equals beads to resin per hour, or pounds per hour.)
10. Works along with Material Handler to determine amount and type of resin needed for production.
11. Verifies inventory is accurate weekly.
12. Enters or collects data to be entered into TCM system regarding bin transfers and cycle counting of raw materials.
13. Helps as needed with the scrap plastic reduction and usage.
14. Uses outside storage appropriately (pins lids on bins).
15. Helps maintain scrap reduction by working with the material handler.
16. Acts as a back up as needed to material handler(s), including entering in inventory and bin to bin transfers.
17. Ensures equipment and property is maintained and cleaned properly, including but not limited to machines and vehicles.
18. Maintains organized work area including arranging parts and production flow.
19. Cleans and sweeps area, disposing of garbage as needed.
20. Operates forklift and other material handling equipment, as needed.
21. Uses computer system to clock “in and out” of jobs and record any needed information.
22. Works as member of DHI Team, handling whatever assignments are necessary to meet production schedule. Assignments may include working in other areas, etc.
23. Projects enthusiasm about the company through positive interactions with others, including internal and external customers.
24. Complies with company policies.
|Qualifications:||CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: |
Certified forklift driver. Must have CDL, with air brakes and clean driving record.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. Work exposure varies depending on duties being performed and particular job order being processed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend, twist and move about the facility. Employee regularly uses hands to finger, handle, grip, or feel; reaches with hands and arms. Must be able to push, pull and move equipment and/or supplies in excess of 70 pounds, and have ability to lift/carry up to 70 lbs. (Reference attached Job Function Test for specific requirements.) Must be able to distinguish colors. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus. The employee is occasionally required to operate a computer, use the telephone, sit, kneel, squat and lay.
Frequent exposure to elements such as odors, oil, fumes and noise.
Position requires the ability to understand and communicate instructions.
Employee must wear required personal protective equipment, including hardhat, safety glasses with side shields, goggles/face shields, hearing protection in designated areas, Kevlar gloves, and/or other equipment as task dictate. For specific equipment, see the Hazard Assessment for the work area and type of operation being performed.
Den Hartog Industries has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.